Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Bitersweet

This has been such a month. On March 1st we lost our daughter in law, Tiffany to Cystic Fibrosis. She battled this disease for 28 years, and enjoyed life. Although it wasn't easy our son Jasper was able to say good bye to his wife after flying for two days to get back to the US. We are grateful to the Navy and the American Red Cross for getting him home and helping him to do all the necessary things he now needs to do.

My time will be limited in the next few weeks as I stay available to make runs to Groton and back home helping him to go through things and prepare to move out of housing and separate from the Navy this summer.

The last few weeks I have gotten a little bit of stitching in and actually have a few finishes. On our first trip to Maine I began and finished "Angels bring Peace" by Lizzie Kate (Tiny Tidings II collection) and started the last of this series "Christmas is 4 kids" (which I still have some stitching to do on).

Then we returned home with Jay for a few days and returned to Maine for Tiffany's service which had previously been set up. During this trip I managed to stitch "March" on the Month SAL from OakhavenDesigns and also stitched half of my third of the Frog ornaments

I hope this week to finish up the Frog ornament and the Lizzie Kate design started.

1 comment:

  1. so sorry for your loss,sending healing prayers to you and your family...xo

    ReplyDelete