Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A New Technique......Well for me.

Today I began a class at http://mycreativeclassroom.com/ "Everything Embossed II" Taking embossing to new heights.
Our first lesson (Part 1) is Resist Technique with Embossing Powder. It was very interesting to combine the use of the embossing folder and heat (wet) embossing.

I really like the way this card turned out and just seemed to come together once I got the accent embossed piece figured out. In the lesson the instructor, Deena Ziegler used a flower/medallion embossing folder for the accent piece; this was something I didn't have as most of mine are background type embossing folders so I used the same Flourish embossing folder used on the black background on the cream cardstock. As in the lesson, the accent piece then got the resist treatment of sponging a dye ink which adhered to the space the embossing powder was not melted onto. This just screamed for Lime Green ink to me and I then added a lime green sheer ribbon and peridot gem to complete the card front which I did add the lime green layer of card stock to make it really pop.

The next part of the lesson is a resist technique with wax paper. I have this part almost completed but well it is getting late and tomorrow starts at 5 so I'm calling it a night and will post another card tomorrow.

Hope you all have a creative week and please check back and leave a comment if you like. Thanks for taking a peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment