Thursday, May 9, 2013

I'm so excited!

I started another class at www.mycreativeclassroom.com on Monday. Cricut: Scrapbooking Through The Year A 4 week class using our Cricut machines. Each week will consist of 3 months of themes. January - winter, February - love/romance/wedding, and March - birthday were week one.
So far I have gotten my Cricut cuts put into the Cricut Craft Room and just completed my first of the three. Each one while designing my cuts on the computer I got more and more excited to get these made. I ended up actually doing the one for March first.

I played with the doing it pretty much the same as the instructor's design wise, and thought it would be perfect for using pics from hubby's Navy Retirement Ceremony...but decided not to do that after all.
I kept playing with the idea of working on granddaughter's dance album. So that ended up being my plan:
I did use the sketch that the Instructor used along with images from the Wall Decor and More (dancer and star border).
I also used the colors from my granddaughter's dance studio (black, purple and zebra print).


I know it isn't a birthday LO but I really like it and can't wait to add photos (her dance recital is next month). It was so much fun to do and I love the way it turned out (even though the zebra print isn't something I'd usually use...just not inside my normal "box").

I hope you enjoyed seeing my creation and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment