Sunday, May 12, 2013

More to share

I know I know...two posts in one day!
I got to play some more this afternoon and completed part 2 of the 3rd lesson from the Everything Embossed II class. Although the instructor combined a couple of things together for a card; I made mine into two separate cards (mainly because of the embossing folders I have didn't work out to combine).



I used cuttlebug embossing folder Victoria for the first card. I first stamped a saying stamp in Versamagic (Pumpkin Spice) and stamped this onto the embossing folder where the depressed areas would be. Then embossed a piece of cream card stock, then took a stamp pad of Versa Magic (Mango Madness) and ran this over the raised areas of the card stock.
Mounted this to a card base of brown gingham check patterned cardstock and stamped "Thinking of You" in VersaMagic (Jumbo Java) and sponged the same color around the edges of the saying and mounted this to another piece of the base cardstock.
Add two pieces of ribbon and Viola!

The next card uses a Masking-Kissing-Embossing technique.


This one was made with first embossing the frame onto a piece of cardstock then cutting out the inside of the frame. Layer this onto the cardstock for your final frame and stamp an image where only part of it showed onto final piece (this was some of the leaves on my card). Next was the kissing part. This is done by stamping an image onto the embossing folder (depressed area - roses and a few leaves for my card) and run this through the embossing folder and machine. I then embossed a card base (front only) to mount my frame onto after I chalked the raised area of the frame (black to give it a wrought iron look). I also put ribbon through a small hole in the frame as if a gift tag and mounted the card base onto a slightly larger piece of cardstock to finish out my card.

I am thinking of adding a few seed pearls to the places on the card base where the "lattice" meets.
One more and this lesson will be completed...we will see if I can manage to complete it tonight and post for a third time today.....lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment