Monday, March 3, 2014

More updates on creative play

Although not quite as soon as I'd planned; here are some more photos of playtimes
First working with a new to me technique for a swap:  Technique is the "brick wall" technique from the www.splitcoaststampers.com site (I really love this site!)
As a trial I made a card with it. I like the way it turned out, but thought it needed a little something more.

 So for a swap with this technique was time to make the tag:  The first stamp used was a little too much for my tag so I used a set of Stampin' UP! stamps (tulips).  This time I inked the edges of all the "bricks" and love it!
 Next was time to make a card for a swap: The theme was Green and Spring (I know I am so ready for Spring like most everyone)  I cut the thistle from a Cricut Cartridge (Art Nouveau).  Thistles are dear to me filling me with fond memories of the 4 years we spent in Scotland.
ATC Swap: Pastels were the theme!  I went through many different ideas before coming up with this simple but sweet card.
Next is the ornament for the Bride's Tree Ornaments: This is a series of 12 ornaments with a symbol of something specific.  A custom in Germany is to give a set of the ornaments to a Bride for their first Christmas. 
The Teapot is a symbol for hospitality

More photos will follow soon of swaps from January and the ones I'm working on now for March.

Prayers for everyone to be safe, warm and healthy!

1 comment:

  1. Maraline, I also love all of these art projects! I'm happy to be the receiver of some of it. ggg hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete