Friday, September 15, 2017

A quick fall craft

A 5 minute pumpkin!  

The supplies!  I used 2 pieces of cardstock (and have quite a bit left for my scrap basket), a tape runner, foam squares, oval cutting guide for the Custom Cutting System (Creative Memories), Soft Suede ink pad (Stampin' Up!), wire works (Stampin' Up!) and a small brown scrap of cardstock.

This is the Custom Cutting System with the Oval guides and the 3 different cutting blades (they give you different size cuts in graduating size of 1/4 inch.)

Directions: Using the largest oval (for the largest size pumpkin) and the blue blade cut 3 ovals from the outside of the guide.  Over lap two of the ovals slightly and on third oval adhere foam squares to pop the center of the pumpkin.  Ink your edges (I use a sponge or the finger dauber to do this) before adhering the center oval on top.  From your brown scrap of cardstock cut a "stem" piece and adhere just behind the center oval.  With the wire works (26-gauge wire) I cut a length (eye-balled) approximately 8-10 inches and wrapped both ends around a pencil then folded in half and secured with a foam dot behind the center oval.  I did this for both sides of the stem.

I might add leaves but for now I'm very happy with this little 5 minute craft.  I do plan to make more in varying sizes but needed to get a few things done for now.

I hope you enjoyed this little craft project and look forward to your comments and suggestions.

Thanks 
Maraline

No comments:

Post a Comment