Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A crafty week so far

This has been quite a crafty week for me so far and it is only Wednesday.

First was the Ice cream cone shaped card (previously written about) on Sunday, then on Monday I made some paper flowers.
These turned out so nice I think. Always in the past mine would turn out only slightly dimensional and still pretty much be flat no matter what I did to them. I used the TH Alterations Tattered flowers sizzix die. To give them more depth I also inked the edges with TH tea dye distressing ink. I love inking the edges!
These were for a wall hanging for a swap I'm in which I completed Tuesday. I would love to share a photo at this time; as I love the way it turned out, but I feel the wonderful lady it is for should see it first. I plan to mail it out tomorrow and hopefully by the beginning of next week will have it in her little hands.

Yesterday I also embarked on a just for fun project with my sister Cyndi. As we rarely get to see each and both would love to travel and vacation together, we have started (today) having fantasy vacations. You didn't know I'm really on a cruise ship right now...lol.
For our little "trips" I even made a passport!
Although this is silly to some, we are exploring the world from our houses and sharing the memories of our inexpensive vacations. We have both been to several places in the world but not the same ones, we will be sharing these with the other and are both looking forward to our excursions. Who knows where we will "go" next. Europe or Hawaii are both on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment