Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A little crafting ... just late posting.

In June I was participating in 3 swaps for a yahoogroup Arthavencreationsandfriendships, the theme was BEACH.  The 3 swaps for Postcard, Embossed Card, and Mermaid.
For the Postcard, I was inspired by one of the other ladies (Lucy) who uses photos for her cards.  These are photos that she has taken herself and have special memories.  The photo I used was one I took at the North Shore on the island of Oahu.  Then added some dimensional stickers.  Simple but I like the way it turned out.
For my Embossed card:
I borrowed a swirl embossing folder from my friend Paula, then used glue and glitter to trace over the raised swirls.  Added some twine and shell sticker and a small trim punched with an art deco fan punch.  Stamped Thinking of You (Stampin' Up!) on a coral pink card stock that I tore to distress the edge.  Mounted this on some white handmade paper (purchased from Michael's) torn the edges of this as well.

    

The Mermaid:  This I found as a coloring page (can't remember the website at the moment but will look) and printed her as a 5x7 picture.  I then used metallic colored pencils to color the features.  Her glitzy tail is covered by some turquoise glitter ribbon I found and had to have with this project in mind.  I then used stickers of shells and pearls to add the embellishments.  I love how she turned out.
These were such fun swaps to make and were well received by the other wonderfully talented ladies at Arthavencreationsandfriendships. 

No comments:

Post a Comment