Friday, August 23, 2013

A few finishes for the week

I spent some time finishing up a few swaps this week, and here they are.
First not for a swap but my pumpkin Patch kit for August. The top left is the way the instructions had you make it but I changed it up for the other three cards.

Next is the Garden themed card. I knew I wanted to make a garden gate card even before the swap came up, so thought it the perfect thing when the theme was announced. After I cut the gate card I felt I needed to back the gate with something, so I used vellum. Then I felt it needed something for the vellum to "frost" (not sure what to call it......maybe "hide") so I stamped small flowers and leaves in a climbing vine type of pattern. Then decided something else was needed so I quilled some wildflowers (Quilled creations dies) and fixed on the front side with a punched butterfly. The gate was inked with multiple inks and embossed multiple times to give it a shiny aged gold look (this was done right after cutting out).

Next is the butterfly ATC: I really like how these turned out. I first cut my cardstock 2.5" x 3.5" (white) then stamped leaves and roses from the Stampin' Up! stamp set Cottage Rose (definitely decorative stamp set) then I embossed them with the Victoria embossing folder (Cuttlebug....I think) and inked the raised design with Stampin' Up! Pistachio Pudding ink pad. Then I added glitter to the detailed edges of the flowers. Punched the butterfly and glittered the edges of the detail punch and faux stitched the dark pink solid punch, layered it on to a flourished square which I faux stitched. Added the smoked topaz 3mm crystals for the butterfly body.




No comments:

Post a Comment