Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Amazing alignment

I love how every once in a while things just align so perfectly.
On Aug 1st, I was going through my email and checked on challenges on Colorful Creations to see things I would hope to work on. Several of the current ones sounded like fun to try, but one really popped out at me. Anything Goes Challenge: Steam punk! I have never tried using steampunk style anything before but know others have and do a wonderful job mixing the Victorian era with the invention era.
My daughter later that day was telling me how she wanted to have a Steampunk costume for Halloween and her boyfriend thought she should make it. HA she doesn't know how to sew and since he doesn't either and there is no way they will learn before then. Guess who is making the costume...ME!
I thought about how this would be my subject for my LO...our journey of making her costume. This is the first page.
The paper is some Paula gave me a few months ago, but I thought was perfect for it with the copper foil accents in it. I then used some copper foil cardstock and embossed with TH SteamPunk embossing folder and my Cuttlebug. Almost perfect...just needed some aging, so I used TH alcohol ink Black Soot and added the aging. Layered this on black to make it pop from the background a bit.
I also thought the photo viewer wheel would be a nice addition. This I cut with a pale yellow (cream) colored cardstock and then used Distress Inks (black soot and tea dye) and Dewdrop copper to age it and the tag. I used some alpha stickers I've had for a few years and added some TH metal embellishments. The photo on the tag is of the pattern we are using and the other photos show the fabrics and a head piece I found to dress up for the occasion.
Now to get the pieces cut out and sewn together.
Watch for our progress along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment